A famous Italian architect was given the task of transforming Jicin and its surrounding area into a seat of power which would perfectly represent its governing overlord, Wallenstein.
- THE RUINS OF VELIŠ CASTLE
- THE CHURCH OF ST. IGNATIUS
- THE JESUIT SEMINARY
- VALDŠTEJN (WALLENSTEIN) CHATEAU
- VALDŠTEJN (WALLENSTEIN) SQUARE
- THE CHURCH OF ST JAMES
- THE LIME TREE ALLEY
- VALDŠTEJN (WALLENSTEIN) LOGGIA
- LIBOSAD PARK
- ZEBÍN HILL
- THE FORMER CARTHUSIAN MONASTERY IN VALDICE
- THE RUINS OF KUMBURK CASTLE
The spectacular and grandiose plans also included the construction of a landscape composition in the Jicin basin, to include precisely measured locations and buildings to give the area structure along geometric lines.
The most important buildings and points within this landscape composition can be found within the vicinity of an imaginary axis extending from the summit of Veliš to the ruins of Kumburk Castle. As Veliš also represents an important point within the St Mary's Garden landscape composition, we would recommend you spend a longer time in the Jičín area.